Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Yes, I know it has been a while since I last posted. It seems to have been a very busy stretch of time. I also haven't felt much like writing - and I've noticed I haven't been cruising around the web so much lately.

So, anyway...
we had a karate graduation at the end of April.
So here is The Hubby and The Boy (it's nice when they graduate together!). Hubby is now going to be wearing the blue uniform; The Boy will be getting geared up for his brown belt test. Everything went well during graduation - although it was awfully quick! I didn't get my camera ready in time to tape them doing their kata, so I got to watch and enjoy it.

Then later that day....
The Boy had to go to a friend's house to work on a school project. This is how well that went:
Yes, that is a sprained ankle, propped up on a pillow. He was playing football (he was forced to, you understand) and got tackled and pulled and stretched and twisted. We made him suffer through on Saturday, and then when it wasn't feeling at all better on Sunday I made the family go to the emergency room and get xrays to make sure it wasn't broken.

Now, I have broken my ankle (so badly that I needed pins inserted!) so I know that if it is broken he is going to be crying and be absolutely miserable until it is cast. I was pretty sure it wasn't broken, but I wanted to make sure that there were no hairline fractures. Plus, if he was going to be on crutches, I wanted him to have a doctor's note to make life easier at school.

So I ended up having to take him from his high school to his arts high school on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. That wasn't too bad. It was the picking him up on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday that really threw me for a loop. That sucked up so much time out of my day! And I hate driving in the city - I have no patience for it. So I was a bit cranky about it. But I knew that he would be more miserable on the crowded bus - and possibly hurt his ankle again if he got jostled around. It was only three days - so I could live with that.

Except...
his arts school had their prom on Thursday night. So, on the day I didn't have to drive him to school, I had to drive him to his prom at the school. At pick him up. At 10 o'clock at night. In the city.

And then...
Friday rolls around and he is convinced I have run away with his black binder that has his school play in it. I, of course, have not. He can't find it anywhere. I make him call his high school to see if it is in the lost and found there. It isn't. The arts school is closed on Fridays and I know for a fact that no one is there that day. I can see him try to figure out how to convince me to go up there so he can look around. He offers that it may be in the building across the street where he takes his yoga class. I have him call; no answer. I have no pity (he must think, anyway). But I tell him to call again, this time after lunch hour, and he gets a receptionist. They do have a key to the room, so guess what? Yup, for the FIFTH day in a row, a drive to the city. He does find his binder (black binder on a black box - no one saw it there for 2 days!) and is happy as a clam (how happy are clams, anyway?).

So... I just have not felt like writing much, even though there is plenty to write about. And that's just part of my exciting week or two off from posting.

No comments: